Things to Know
Updated Monday May 28, 2018 by Monico Nunnally.
Things to Know About Upcoming Dates:
Event Selection form
If you need assistance contact your Division Coach
You can pay at the track meet 5-26-2018 or online
AAU Gulf District Primary
Saturday, June 09
Rice University Stadium in Houston TX
AAU Gulf District Qualifier
Thursday, June 14 - Saturday, June 16
Klein Stadium in Spring TX
"Please come prepared with Regional fees, if your child advance"
AAU Region 17 Qualifier
Wednesday, June 27 - Saturday, June 30
Challeger Stadium in Webster TX
"Please come prepared with J.O. fees, if your child advance"
AAU Junior Olympic Games
Saturday, July 28 - Saturday, August 04
Drake Stadium in Des Moines IA
How do I order my Uniform Kit?
If you have not ordered your uniform kit, please do so here: GH Store Please remember, the uniform kit is included in your registration fees so you will not incur a fee to order uniforms.
Things to Know For Track Meets:
Track Meet Preparation:
As we get closer to outdoor competition, we wanted to make sure you are prepared for the track meets. Here are a list of things you will need in order to make the best out of your outdoor track experience:
- Please make sure the athletes are dressed according to the weather. Layers are always best!
- If you are looking for spikes, many can be found at your local sporting goods store. However, many of the smaller sizes may not be found locally. You can find more options online at sites such as Eastbay Once you purchase your spikes, please remember to always bring your running shoes in addition to your spikes!
- Prepare to bring a personal cooler for the athletes with healthy snacks such as fruits and veggies, sandwiches, plenty of water and gatorade, etc.
- Each athlete will need a lawn chair and bag for their personal belongings. It would be a great idea for the athletes to bring something to entertain them between races. Please keep in mind, GHTC is not responsible for lost personal items. Please make sure you label EVERYTHING with your athlete's name!
- Athletes will sit with the team under the team tents. Parents are encouraged to sit in the stands to cheer on the athletes. Parents can set up tents in the stands or along side the team.
Things to Know For Practice:
Athletes will need water, running shoes and weather specific running clothes at each practice.
Track Practice Schedule
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 6pm - 8pm. Please visit our website GHTRACK for practice locations.